Thursday 12 December 2013

Where am I going?

Right – I’ve (sort of) submitted my first assignment – which seems to have taken an inordinate amount of time, but at least I’m back in the saddle. Before I rush off in 20 different directions it’s time to sit and think about what might interest me in this course. Taking a leaf from my previous course I thought I’d lead off with a mind map – a hand written one this time,

EC134816.jpg

I’m thinking that I might keep digging into the beach stuff as a starting point, on the basis that it interests me and has the potential to spin out into other things if they take my fancy. In some senses coastline is the ultimate Edgeland so it ties back nicely to Landscape as well.

The one thing that’s missing from this map is the word “Objects” – that can go in the next version. I’m interested in the narrative properties of objects – I’m fascinated by the stories that we can find in rocks and flotsam and street signs and rusting bollards and…and…which I think overlaps with museums and curation so there’s a nice tangential research subject to go after as well. This also seems to have potential for the Critical Review.

Just need to be careful not to overthink things.

No comments:

Post a Comment